Pitching of technologies under the Regional Agri-Aqua Innovation System Enhancement (RAISE) Program was the highlight of the 1st Regional Agri-Aqua Technology Pitch Fest and Launching of Technology Portfolio held at the International Convention Center of the Don Mariano Marcos Memorial State University (DMMMSU) in Bacnotan, La Union on February 24, 2024.
With the theme, “UpRAISEing Technology Commercialization Through Regional Partnership & Collaboration,'' the 16 innovators from six participating state universities and colleges (SUCs) in Ilocos pitched and showcased various technologies.
The pitching and poster competition were evaluated by the Director of the Technology Transfer and Promotion Division (TTPD) of the Philippine Council for Agriculture, Aquatic, and Natural Resources, Research and Development of the Department of Science and Technology (DOST-PCAARRD), Dir. Noel A. Catibog; President of the Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PCCI) - La Union, Pres. Xavier Mercado; Assistant Regional Director of the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) – Region 1, Ms. Grace R. Lapastora; and Assistant Professor IV of the Cavite State University (CvSU), Engr. Gee Jay C. Bartolome.
The winners of the competitions were the following:
- 1st Place: Ms. Rosalinda L. Abad’s Onion Harvester – DMMMSU;
- 2nd Place: Mr. John Joseph Zarate and Mr. Jeferson Austria’s Vacuum-Packed, Shelf Stable Classic Calamay – Pangasinan State University (PSU);
- 3rd Place: Ms. Jennifer Chavez’s D’Almond Butter – Ilocos Sur Polytechnic State College (ISPSC); and
- 4th Place: Ms. Mary Ann Ysabel Orpilla’s Dehydrated Mulberry Candy – DMMMSU.
- 1st Place: PSU’s Vacuum Packed, Shelf Stable Classic Calamay;
- 2nd Place: Mariano Marcos State University’s (MMSU) Candy Mato; and
- 3rd Place: MMSU’s Portable Vulcanizer.
The speakers and judges congratulated the winners. Dir. Catibog emphasized the importance of such activities to promote advances in innovation and technopreneurship towards socio-economic development. Likewise, he expressed his appreciation and support for the establishment of the Digital Technology Portfolio, which was launched during the event.
The Digital Technology Portfolio can be accessed via: https://simplebooklet.com/technpfolio23pdf. The activity also included a Techno-Exhibit of various technologies and innovative products in the region.