The DOST-PCAARRD is currently implementing a Youth Science Program that caters to incoming Grades 10 to 12 students. This program aims to enhance the participation of the youth in the AANR sector and become the next generation of S&T leaders by exposing them to programs that promote learning through interaction.
Specifically, the objectives of the program are to:
- Determine the perception of students in S&T in AANR before and after participation in S&T activities;
- Familiarize students with new research and career opportunities and help them enhance their perceptions and aspirations;
- Identify future direction for the engagement of students in S&T in AANR
The initiative being motivated by a request for collaboration from the Philippine Science High School-CALABARZON RC for their Science Immersion Program for 2022, the pilot implementation was conducted last June 30 to July 27 with 16 mentees who are Grades 10 to 11 PSHS students.
The program covers 3 main activities:
- PCAARRD Council of Elders (COELs) Learning and Mentoring Sessions – Lecture sessions led by experts from the PCAARRD network
- R&D Immersion – Hands-on activities in AANR
- Community of Practice – S&T enrichment activities
To expand the coverage of the program and to further promote S&T and AANR to the youth, the DOST-PCAARRD opens the Youth Science Program for collaboration with interested academic institutions.
For inquiries and concerns, you may reach Ms. Annette M. Tobias (